Conducting an effective remote consultation
This webcast serves as a great introduction to remote consultations for community pharmacists.
Hosted by editor Richard Thomas FRPharmS, it sets the scene and looks at best practice as a way of helping pharmacists get the most out of these interactions as remote consultations become more common post-Covid.
- Current situation - including policy background and contractual requirements across the home nations
- Determining the appropriateness of remote consultations (e.g. CONSULT guide: Consider, Organise, Necessary, Start, Undertake, Listen, Terminate)
- Advantages and limitations
- Technology, equipment and environment
- Skills and techniques
- Interpreting voice and behaviour
- Tips for a successful consultation
- Documentation and post-consultation
We'll also look at what constitutes good practice where schemes are already in operation.