New guide to promoting healthy ageing
A Menu of Interventions for Productive Healthy Ageing is a newly published guide that pharmacy teams can use to support older people to improve the quality of their lives.
It suggests opportunistic, evidence-based interventions that can help provide benefits for healthy ageing, such as:
- Supporting older people and their carers to prevent or reduce falls
- Increasing levels of physical activity
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Reducing the risk of social isolation and loneliness
- Reducing the risk of dementia, supporting people diagnosed with dementia, and delaying the progress of dementia
- Reducing the need for medicines.
The Menu of Interventions is likely to be of interest to healthy living pharmacies that are looking for new interventions they could undertake, as well as LPCs, CCGs and local NHS England teams. It is one of a number of Pharmacy and Public Health Forum publications.