Resources for provisionally registered pharmacists in Wales
Health Education and Improvement Wales (HEIW) says its pharmacy division has developed a set of resources for provisionally registered pharmacists on its website.
The resources are aimed at helping with:
- Transitioning into the new role of a practising pharmacist
- Identifying personal training needs
- Continuing professional development, evidence-gathering and the concept of life-long learning
- Preparing for the GPhC registration assessment
- Maintaining health and wellbeing.
The section provides self-assessment competency frameworks, signposting to key general and sector-specific pharmacy resources, awareness of the HEIW CPD programme running through autumn 2020, offering of an online mock registration assessment and up to date information regarding provisional registration.
In addition, it contains signposting to the provisional registration resources available from the RPS, which are available to all RPS members. This includes access to a specific E-Portfolio, linking to the updated RPS Foundation Pharmacist Framework.
The section also includes an online forum to help provisionally registered pharmacists interact with their peers.
HEIW said it was “keen to support all trainees living and working in Wales, to enable them to gain the most out of this period”.