Key points reminder for Pharmacy Collect customers
Community pharmacies in England offering the Pharmacy Collect Covid-19 lateral flow device distribution service are being reminded that they must ensure that people collecting test kits understand a range of key points.
This information must be given to a person when they collect test kits for the first time. “It is critical that pharmacy teams remind people of the importance of reporting their results, whether positive or negative,” said PSNC.
The key points include:
- The tests are for helping identify people who are positive for Covid-19 but do not have symptoms.
- A negative result does not guarantee someone doesn’t have Covid-19, so it is important to continue following Government guidelines and restrictions.
- It is important that users report their results, whether positive or negative. This helps the NHS identify areas where asymptomatic cases of Covid-19 are rising.
- When reporting their result, the user will be provided with information on the next steps they need to take.
- The user should make a note of the lot number of the test kit used, in case they need to report any problems.