In CPDCPD modules help to expand your clinical knowledge on a whole range of topics. Make sure you log your learning so you can track your progress and add to your online revalidation record.
After completing the module you will have refreshed your knowledge of some of the key issues of the past year and reflected on how they will impact on patient care. Areas covered include Covid, NICE guidance and safety alerts.
This module will enable you to identify how you might need to adapt your clinical services and care to patients based on these announcements.
- Community pharmacy continues to have an important role in delivering the Covid-19 vaccination programme
- The POM to P switch of vaginal estradiol 10 microgram tablets (Gina) extends the role of community pharmacists in treating menopausal symptoms
- Updated NICE guidance and a Government-commissioned report on evidence relating to e-cigarettes confirmed their place in NHS recommendations on stopping smoking
- Pharmacists must review and, if necessary, strengthen their systems for the safe supply of valproate to pregnant women
- The MHRA reminded health professionals about serious side-effects associated with amiodarone and the importance of the patient amiodarone card