CheckRx, a companion service to PSNC's Check34 IT data analysis platform, will be available to all contractors from the middle of next month.
It uses the NHS Business Services Authority's prescription item report to give contractors information on:
• FP34 payment data
• Drug Tariff splits of items dispensed
• Brand/generic analysis and product usage by volume, value or number of items
• Top patients by items dispensed, identified by their NHS number
• Which GP practices scripts come from and EPS nominations
• Clinical/therapy area split (by item/patient).
CheckRx also provides competitor analysis, showing the number of items nearby pharmacies are dispensing, how many MUR and NMS consultations are being conducted, as well as which local surgeries prescriptions originate from.
The information is all sourced from publically available data on the Health & Social Care Information Centre website.
Contractors will also be able to review their Schedule of Payments. Other areas on the dashboard will allow them to see the most frequently dispensed medicines (selected by value, number or volume), and which section of the Drug Tariff their items fall under.